So this was how it was supposed to go:
1. Spend a month messing around on WordPress, doing a bit of font-choosing, layout tinkering.
2. Write some blog posts, take some photos to sparkle on my newly organised blog once launched.
3. Invite a few fab friends and family to take a look and point out any glaring errors.
4. Ask for some professional help if it all gets too much.
5. Go live.
Here’s what actually happened:
1. Spend a week messing about out WordPress.
2. Send a request for support to figure out why I can’t find the ‘add to menu’ page. Clearly there all along.
3. Log in to find the ‘dashboard’ (stop me if I’m getting too technical) looks weird and have a panic attack.
4. Press the ‘go live’ button in error. (Have you seen the Father Ted episode about the red button on the airplane?).
So here I am. Gulp.
It will get better. I hope.